Figure 1: You're doing it right.
About 3 months ago i was forwarded an email of a cake in a cup. It gave complete instructions on how to prepare your cake in a cup along with pictures to make sure that you weren't stuffing up. Attached was a picture of someones failed attempt which put me off trying this idea.
Not wanting to destroy my microwave (not destroy but just far too lazy to clean it) i never tried this recipe until just recently i was making a real chocolate cake (for work). I had 5 minutes to spare and off i went.5 Minutes later i had a very spongy cake in a mug. A bit bitter and could do with a tad more sugar but none the less, it was still a chocolate cake in a mug. Thus i shall share with you my delights.
- 4 Tablespoons of self raising flour
- 4 Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons of milk
- 3 Tablespoons of oil
- Mix dry ingredients together in a cup (or a mug)
- Spoon in the egg (mix in the egg)
- Mix in milk and oil into egg mixture just enough to combine
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes
- In the unfortunate event that you do stuff up, do remember to place the cup/mug on top of a plate in the microwave
- The cake will rise and may overflow over the top of the cup, never fear, just keep cooking and it should turn out fine
- If you want to make it taste better i would suggest using slightly less cocoa and adding a little more sugar with cinnamon and nutmeg (makes any chocolate cake taste better)